Fall Bucket List
Families across the country look forward to the weekends and the opportunity to spend time together. Fall brings with it even more family friendly activities, but there is always the old question, “What should we do?” We have you covered! This is our Fall Family Bucket List.
· Corn Maze-Mazes have been around for centuries and have developed into an absolute Fall must for the family. Get lost together in the twists and turns or break into teams and see who can finish first.
· Apple Picking-Apples are available all year round but the joy of going and picking your very own bushel is something only Fall can bring you.
· Play in the Leaves- You can rake them into a big pile and jump in or collect them for crafting. No matter which you do, playing in the leaves is a Fall tradition for kids of all ages.
· Cruise to the Drive-In-Soak up some nostalgia while you catch the latest blockbuster from the comfort of your car.
· Get Outdoors-Leaves are changing colors, the temperature is dropping, and it is the perfect time to go for a hike. You can find trails on a nature reserve or in a national park near you for the best scenery.
· Rainy Day Escape-Sometimes the weather is a little dreary in Fall so when it is pouring cats and dogs outside, build a blanket fort to hide away from the cold and wet.
· Plan a picnic-Whether you take a grassy spot in the park or your own backyard, spreading out a blanket and sharing a meal is a must for this season.
· Snag a Pumpkin-Take a cruise to a local farm and find the pumpkin that fits your family. Carve a jack-o-lantern and save those seeds for toasting to make a healthy snack everyone.
· Support Local-Find a farmer’s market in your area for the best local, seasonal produce and products from your community
· Campfire Cooking-Using an open fire to cook is an essential Fall activity. You can make hot dogs, kebabs, or simply skip to dessert and roast marshmallows.
· Make your own DOUBLE COLA Candy! It is a simple recipe and a great way to spend an afternoon.
Supplies: 2L DOUBLE COLA (find near you), wooden spoon, baking sheet
1. Pour the 2-liter of DOUBLE COLA in a soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Do not cover.
2. Allow contents to boil for approximately 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the steam stops and the syrup thickens, immediately pour the syrup onto a baking sheet
4. Allow the candy to cool for at least 10 minutes.
5. Break the candy from the baking sheet and enjoy!
Fall is one of the best seasons for family fun and we are so glad to share our list with you. As always, we encourage everyone to follow health guidelines and take care of themselves. Connect with us on social media and be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you will always be in the know!